Meeting of the Eastern Catholic Bishops of Europe
London, Great Britain, 26 - 29 October 2017
The meeting is organized annually by one of the Catholic Eastern Rite Churches present in Europe. Since 2009, CCEE has given its support to this meeting. This year the meeting will take place in London (Great Britain) on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Apostolic Exarchate for Ukrainians in Great Britain, since 2013 - the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of the Holy Family.
Within the Catholic Church there are particular Churches, called sui iuris Churches or Rites, in full communion with the Church of Rome but distinguished from the Latin Catholic Church by their different forms of liturgical worship and popular devotion, sacramental (administration of the sacraments) and canonical (juridical norms) disciplines, terminology and theological traditions. In Europe there are Bishops of the Greek-Catholic, Maronite, Chaldean, Armenian Churches...
KERYGMA – CATECHESIS - MISTAGOGY
Among the topics that will be discussed:
- “The apostolic kerygma – proclamation of the death and resurrection of Christ in the episcopal catechesis”, Rev.Dr. Taras Barščevski
- “The preparation of a new Catechetical Directory and the contribution of Eastern Catholic Churches”, Bishop Dr. Bohdan Dzyurakh
- “An Annunciation Pedagogy for Catechesis”, Dr. Caroline Farey
- “Catechesis in the 21st Century”, Mr. Jack Figel
- “The ecclesial edifice as a witness to the Mystagogy of the undivided Church”, Dr. Giovanna Maria Muzj
- “The Liturgical Year and Mystagogy into the Paschal Mystery”, Dr. Daniel Galadza
The programme in Italian - English is available here
Focolare Centre for Unity
69 Parkway, Welwyn Garden City,
Hertfordshire AL8 6JG