The Presidency is comprised of a President and two Vice-Presidents and works at the mandate of the Plenary Assembly for a renewable five-year term of office.
Members of the Presidency can be contacted directly through the CCEE Secretariat.
The current members of the Presidency (elected in 2016) are:
Former Presidents of CCEE:
- His Eminence Cardinal Roger Etchegaray (France, 1971-1979)
- His Eminence Cardinal Basil Hume (England & Wales, 1979-1986)
- His Eminence Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini (Italy, 1986-1993)
- His Eminence Cardinal Miloslav Vlk (Czech Republic, 1993-2001)
- His Lordship Mgr Amédée Grab (Switzerland, 2001–2006)
- His Eminence Cardinal Péter Erdő (Hungary, elected in 2006-2016, reelected in 2011)