The President and the Vice-Presidents are elected by the Plenary Assembly of CCEE among the presidents of the Bishops' Conferences for a renewable five-year term.
Members of the Presidency can be contacted directly through the CCEE Secretariat.
The current Presidency (elected in 2016) is composed of:
Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco, Presidente
Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco
His Eminence Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco, Archbishop of Genoa. He was ordained a priest on 29 June 1966 and holds a doctorate in philosophy from the University of Genoa.
Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Vice-President
Cardinal Vincent Nichols
His Eminence Vincent Nichols is the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster. Born in Crosby, Liverpool, on 8 November 1945, Cardinal Nichols was ordained to the priesthood in Rome on 21 December 1969.
Archbishop Stanislaw Gadecki, Vice-President
Archbishop Stanisław Gądecki
Bishop Stanisław Gądecki, was born on 19th October 1949 in Strzelno (Archdiocese of Gniezno). After completing philosophical and theological studies at the Seminary of Gniezno, he was ordained as a priest on June 9, 1973, and he was incardinated there. He studied the Sacred Scriptures, obtaining a license to the Biblicum in Rome and Jerusalem and the Doctorate at the Angelicum of Rome.
List of former CCEE Presidents:
- His Eminence Cardinal Roger Etchegaray (France, 1971-1979)
- His Eminence Cardinal Basil Hume (England & Wales, 1979-1986)
- His Eminence Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini (Italy, 1986-1993)
- His Eminence Cardinal Miloslav Vlk (Czech Republic, 1993-2001)
- His Lordship Mgr Amédée Grab (Switzerland, 2001–2006)
- His Eminence Cardinal Péter Erdő (Hungary, 2006-2016)