The Conference of Catholic Bishops in Belarus
The Conference of Catholic Bishops in Belarus was founded in 1999. The Constituent Assembly took place on the 11th of February 1999. Kazimierz Cardinal Świątek was elected the first Chairman of the Conference.
The Conference of Catholic Bishops in Belarus (CCBB) is the official religious national organization of the Roman Catholic hierarchy in the Republic of Belarus.
Conference includes the following establishments: Plenary Sessions, Permanent Council, General Assembly, Bishops’ Commissions, Councils, Committees and Departments, all of which are based on the Canon Law.
The aim of CCBB is to create the environment for strengthening and propaganding the faith, as well as for pastoral guidance and moral enlightenment of people.
The objectives of the Conference are the following:
- regulation of the activities of dioceses and other religious organizations of Roman Catholic Church, heads of which (Bishops) take part in the Conference;
- contribution to moral rebirth of the people, its evangelization and catechization according to the moral, cultural and historic role of Roman Catholic Church on the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- social charity work organization and benefaction;
- supporting catholic religious organizations;
- providing of religious education;
- ecumenical dialogue;
- development of the relations between church and state authorities;
- other objectives in relation to the activity of the Roman Catholic Church.